Thursday, March 20, 2014

Waiting on Tomorrow

Well, tomorrow is the day...My first Beta HCG test to find out if Baby Monnier decided to snuggle into my uterus and attach itself. Time has been dragging by so slowly since the transfer. It's been very hard to remain positive after such a stressful 5 days from the egg retrieval to the transfer. Every day we only heard bad news and it really broke down my spirit. At the same time, it's been hard not to over analyze every possible "pregnancy" symptom that I have been having this week since I know I SHOULD be pregnant. The problem is, the Progesterone shots I am taking make me feel like I am pregnant because when you are pregnant your body natural produces more Progesterone. Between sore breasts, hot flashes, irritability, and being gassy (yup...that's right)....one would think I am pregnant. But those are all side effects of taking Progesterone shots too:( Plus I stopped drinking caffeine last week so that might be where some of the irritability is coming from!

There isn't a whole lot more we can do except be patient for tomorrow's results. I will get my blood work done around 9:30am and should have the results in the afternoon. I won't be sharing the results until Saturday because I work tomorrow afternoon/evening. We will of course inform our immediate family members as soon as we know something.

If you are reading this blog in one of the Trying to Conceive after Loss groups, please go to our personal Facebook Page-Alex and Lindsay's Baby Quest, to continue to follow our journey. If the results tomorrow show we are in deed pregnant, I will not longer be able to post our blog in these groups according to the rules. I want to respect the rules and at the same time give people a chance to follow our journey if they would like to!

Thank you again to everyone who has been reading and praying! Your support is overwhelming and we could not thank you enough! My blog has had over 12,000 views! AMAZING!!!

Tomorrow is Down Syndrome Awareness Day-so in honor of our son and daughter, and nephew and uncle...tomorrow's post is going to be dedicated to this topic that is near and dear to my heart.

No comments: