Saturday, March 8, 2014

The 6 Pack

We got the call today from Reproductive Diagnostics in Columbus which is the lab who fertilizes our eggs and tests our embryos. Of the 12 eggs they were able to be retrieve yesterday, only 7 were actually mature enough for fertilization. Of those 7, 6 actually fertilized. As of today, we have created 6 babies that we hope will be with us all the way through. The reality is though, some of those 6 babies will likely stop growing over the next 4 days before our transfer date. We are going to try to remain hopeful that at least 2-4 of these babies will make it through the genetic testing and will be able to be transferred.


Today I am feeling less abdominal pain than I was yesterday, but it's not gone yet. I slept with a heating pad on my stomach most of the night last night. I'm trying not to use any pain meds today unless I have to. We have a birthday party to go to later today so I might need to take one before we go, just so I'm able to walk around without cramping.

Tomorrow we will have another update on how our little 6 pack is growing! Please keep praying:) We need all the prayers we can get!

No comments: