Friday, January 17, 2014

The Sun is Rising

I've been wondering when the sun would start rising again. I keep hearing people talking about "the sunshine after the rain" and, to be honest, I just get really pissed off. Our storm seems like it is never ending. It's like the rain won't stop coming down and the sun won't come out. It feels like we are constantly going through a hurricane.

When we received the call from Baby Quest Foundation (www.babyquestfoundation.org) on November 30th shortly after we had our 4th loss, it felt like the sun was starting to peak out just a little for us. We really never imagined that a couple from such a small community would be chosen by an organization in such a big city to receive funding for infertility treatments. Our grant has been a blessing to our lives and has dried up some of the rain that has been falling down on us.

This week I received inspiration on our way to our infertility clinic. I don't get up early enough anymore to ever see the sun rising now that I am working second shift. Even this past week when I worked third shift, I never got off early enough to see the sunrise. But Thursday, when we were on our way to our LAST appointment at the infertility clinic before our IVF cycle starts....I saw this beautiful sunrise. It gave me hope, it gave me faith, it gave me peace...that the sun is rising again and the storm we have been trying to survive is over.

I said last week that we would accomplish a few more baby steps this week, and we have. On Monday we ordered all our medications and we received the majority of them today! We will get the remaining four medications on Tuesday next week. On Tuesday we gave our credit card information to Genesis Genetics for them to keep on file so when they get the call in March that the cells for testing are on their way to them they can charge us for the genetic testing fees. On Thursday we made the trip to Columbus for our final consultation with our doctor to ask any last minute questions, Alex completed his sperm collection for cryopreservation, we paid Reproductive Diagnostics for the sperm cryopreservation and embryo biopsy fees, and we had our session with the infertility counselor at the clinic which was nice to just be able to be open and honest about how we are both feeling.

Next week our cycle officially starts and we couldn't be more excited!

No comments: