Saturday, January 4, 2014

The Last Heartbeat

January 4, 2012 was one of the most happy days of our lives. It was the second time I had heard Logan's heart beating, but the first time that Alex and I were together at an appointment where we could hear it beating. He was not able to make it to my 7 week ultrasound which was the first time I heard his little teeny tiny heart beating. There was so much excitement, so much joy, so much hope, and so much love on that day one year ago. Following our ultrasound appointment we took our pregnancy reveal pictures that same afternoon. We didn't know that two weeks later Logan would no longer be with us. I am so glad we have the pictures to hold on to now, since they are the only thing that is left of Logan and his memory. While they were very difficult for me to look at last year, they are so easy to look at now. And when I do look at them, I remember that excitement, that joy, that hope, and that love that we felt for Logan. I will always love him, no matter what my life brings.

The last heartbeat we heard is a memory I will never forget, a memory I will always cherish.


 


 

No comments: