Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pregnancy+Prednisone= Puffyface

I've discovered the cause of my puffyface.  After thinking about for awhile I knew this reaction could not be from just being pregnant.  I've never gotten a puffyface with any of my previous pregnancies.  Then I remembered the girl we shared a cab ride with in Long Island, New York when we went to see Dr. Braverman.  She was about 10 weeks pregnant and was a patient of Dr. Braverman's,  Her face was puffy too.  And I remember her sharing that her face was not normally like that, that it was from the Prednisone Dr. Braverman had her on. 

Ahhh haa! So the puffyface mystery has been solved. Thank you Prednisone for making me look like a chipmunk! Here is a before and after Prednisone picture for comparison: 


And since people who I see everyday at the hospital where I work but had no clue that we underwent fertility treatments recently are now asking if I am pregnant, I figured I would share my first bump pictures:



Granted....this is mostly just my flabby belly, but I could hide it pretty well before and now apparently I can't if people are asking if I am pregnant. So I will start embracing my growing bump and I am super looking forward to our 12 week professional pictures we will be getting soon if all goes well at our next two ultrasounds:)

As I enjoy this lazy Saturday I have to give some recognition to my husband and my father.  They have been hard at work the past two weeks, a couple days a week, on making progress to our upstairs remodeling project that we started in August 2013.  We have three rooms upstairs and in August 2013 we tore all three rooms down to the studs to get rid of the plaster walls, replace the knob and tube wiring with 21st century wiring, and add duct work so that the upstairs can get heated and cooled.  It has been such a long, slow project.  One bedroom is being renovated into a bathroom.  One bedroom will become the nursery.  And the last bedroom will be the temporary master bedroom until we remodel the downstairs in 5-10 years.  We were at the point where we were ready to hire a drywaller to come in and mud the ceilings and walls because my husband just does not have enough time to get it done or the talent to make it look good.  But my dad offered to help him with that project instead, saving us well over $1500 and teaching my husband the tricks to good drywall mudding.  It sounds like they are ready to prime the walls now and we should definitely have this upstairs project completed before the baby arrives in August (or sooner if he/she decides).  I'm very lucky to have these two men in my life who are helping us make a home for our future baby!

We have our ultrasound in 2 days and can't wait to be able to post a positive update on Baby Monnier! Hoping everyone is having a relaxing, yet productive weekend too! 

No comments: