Friday, January 23, 2015

Happy Friday, Friends!

 
 
 
Happy Friday my friends! Today Baby Monnier should be measuring 11 weeks if I were to have an ultrasound done.  We haven't had an ultrasound since January 12th, so I am just going to assume he or she is still growing strong inside this big belly of mine! Here's my 11 week bump and a comparison photo from weeks 9, 10, & 11. 
 
I don't have much to share today.  It's been an uneventful week for the most part.  I did get a call today from my OB's office letting me know the Maternit21 Panorama test that they drew blood for on Monday is not the right test for me since I am pregnant with my sister's egg.  So they had to throw that test to the garbage and want me to stop in sometime next week to have my blood drawn again for the Harmony Prenatal Test which apparently is the correct test that I need.  I don't really understand the difference and even after researching both tests I can't understand why one would work better over the other. Fetal cells are fetal cells, right?  If there are fetal cells floating around in my blood stream why would it matter if they are from my own DNA, the DNA of my sister, or the DNA of a complete stranger?! So I guess the plan is to have the genetic ultrasound done next Thursday and if Baby Monnier is still kickin' it in there then we will have the blood test done that day too.  That means we won't get the chromosome results back until I'm heading into the second trimester. 
 
Other than that news, here's a pretty bruise that I've had for the past week from my Lovenox injections.  It only hurt the first two days when I had a big knot under my skin.  Now I don't even notice it, but my husband does.  He rubs it and kisses it as if that makes it feel better. I can let him think it does, right?! I'm used to bruises at this point.  I've been on Lovenox for three months now which is the longest I've taken it out of three pregnancies.  I plan on taking them for another 39 weeks since I plan on this baby being born alive and healthy! And when that happens, I will celebrate the biggest victory of my entire life:)



Speaking of my husband, he has finally agreed to sit down with me this weekend and go through the list of baby names that I came up with.  BUT....this is only because he has asked permission to go to Vegas in June for a friend's bachelor party and I gave him the answer he was hoping to hear.  I like to think I'm a pretty cool wife. I don't get all hung up on guys trips like I did when I was just the girlfriend.  However, he does understand that since I will be 32 weeks pregnant when this trip is planned, if I'm having any complications I am his priority over his friends, alcohol, and gambling. 

If I am feeling open about it, I may update next week before the ultrasound with our narrowed down list of baby names.  But we'll see! I may also want to keep that information just for us until Baby M's gender is revealed....or even until Baby M enters the world!


Peace, Love, and Happiness!



1 comment:

c.hambleton said...

We decided to keep the name secret until our little man entered the world (partially because we weren't 100% sure we would use the name lol!) but it was so cool to be able to hand the baby off and say "this is Conner" and see their faces light up. :) plus if you're telling the gender, then it's one secret thing to keep!