Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Miracle on Frankfort Street

 I said last week that I hoped the next week would be uneventful and I wouldn't have any updates to give until our next ultrasound which was scheduled for today.  Well...it was a very nice and uneventful week! I have had no more bleeding or miscarriage scares so far, so I have been able to relax a bit more as I patiently waited for today's ultrasound.  Baby Monnier finally gave mommy a break.

And today we were able to hear a heartbeat! Baby Monnier's heart is currently beating at 111 beats per minute:) He or She (I say he, my mother-in-law says she) is measuring a bit small right now at 6 weeks 3 days even though today I am 6 weeks 6 days pregnant.  Here is a picture of our little Christmas Miracle, the miracle on Frankfort Street this year!

 
 
Here is another view, with the heart rate shown at the bottom:
 
 
For a sneak peak video of Baby Monnier's Heart Beat, come visit our personal Facebook Page:
 
I can't figure out how to convert the video so that it will upload properly to the blog. Sorry!!
 
 
Today we can say we have crossed another hurdle in this pregnancy.  We got to hear the heart beat.  We are doing better than two of our previous pregnancies so far (our second was a natural miscarriage at 7ish weeks prior to having any ultrasound and our fourth was a blighted ovum meaning we never got to see or hear a baby even during the 8th week of our pregnancy).  So I will take this as a win today.  I am still cautiously optimistic due to the growth being 3 days behind today.  But I am hoping our little miracle baby will have a growth spurt soon and will catch up to what he or she should be by our next ultrasound on Monday. 
 
Our fertility doctor said she normally discharges her patients to their regular OB once a heart beat is detected, but she will continue to monitor me closely until at least 10 weeks before she releases me due to my history of recurrent loss.  I feel like we are in real good hands between all the doctors we have working with us during this pregnancy.  Our next hurdle is to make it into the second trimester.  It's been 7 years since I have experienced the second trimester.  Other than our first daughter who I carried until 24 weeks before her heart stopped beating, the closest that I have come to the second trimester was baby # 3 whose heart stopped beating at 10 weeks 6 days...that was the last heartbeat we have heard until today, and that was 2 years ago. Please continue to pray for Baby Monnier's health and growth as we make our way through the first trimester!  
 
Pregnancy symptom wise, I've just had an increased need for sleep.  I'm tired...all the time! This is my normal pregnancy symptom that I've experienced with all 5 pregnancies. I've had slight nausea but nothing that eating or sniffing some peppermint essential oil doesn't cure:)  I've had to delete myself from one of the pregnancy Facebooks groups I was in because it seemed like constant complaining about pregnancy symptoms. Yes, pregnancy causes many uncomfortable symptoms but with those symptoms comes a huge blessing that should never be complained about.  I've been kinda (okay maybe really) moody towards my Husband this week and it is probably due to my hormones, but I won't ever use that as an excuse or complain that that's why I'm moody.  You take the good with the bad and be grateful for what you have because so many people struggle to become pregnancy and maintain being pregnant. My stomach is bruised from Lovenox shots and my hips are bruised from Progesterone shots-but every shot and ever bruise is worth it. 
 
 
We hope that all who are reading and following our journey to parenthood will have a very Merry Christmas enjoyed with family and friends!
 
God Bless,
 
The Monniers (Alex, Lindsay, Baby M, and our Angels in Heaven-Riley Grace, Braylen Jeremiah, Logan Kale, & Audrey Rayne). 





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Smiling alot for you guys!!!

Brianna said...

I'm so glad you haven't had any other scares and so THRILLED that you heard the heartbeat :) As for Baby M measuring small, just remember that a fraction of a millimeter, at this gestational age, is HUGE! Can't wait for the next update.