Friday, December 12, 2014

Baby Monnier in the Making

Well, today was the day we found out if there would be 1 or 2 Baby Monnier's in the making.  I had my first ultrasound with my fertility doctor at 5 weeks 2 days. And of course I wore my rainbow socks.  Here is what we saw:


We have one Baby Monnier in the making.  Today we saw the gestational sac with the yolk sac inside it and possibly the fetal pole.  It feels good to finally see what has been going on inside my uterus.  I hope Baby Monnier is making him/herself comfortable in there and will continue to grow into the healthy, happy baby we've been waiting for. 

There was possibly a second sac that the doctor said she would keep an eye on.  It was pretty small though and honestly, I don't think it will become anything.  I do think that maybe it was the second baby we had transferred but that it stopped growing over the weekend.  I think maybe that could explain why I've just had this terrible feeling that something started to go wrong and maybe why my hormones stopped progressing as fast.  But maybe not.  I over-analyze everything.  But I also have very very strong intuition about these things too and always seem to know something is wrong before the doctor has to tell me something is wrong.  I actually hope that this is what was causing that feeling and hope our one little one will impress us with a strong heartbeat at our next ultrasound. 

Our next ultrasound will be December 22nd.  Please pray that our Christmas Miracle has a heartbeat! I won't have any more blood tests to check my hormone levels before then, unless I freak out next week and ask them to check my levels to make sure things are still progressing.  I'm hoping now that I have seen that we have a very healthy looking sac and can see there is something in there developing that I can try to keep my anxiety to a minimum.  It's easier said than done.  I told the nurse today my Cortisol levels are probably through the roof...and of course my blood pressure was higher than normal today before she took me in for the ultrasound.  I have a few Christmas Parties this weekend and next weekend to keep my mind busy, or at least I hope they will!

Thank you for the continued prayers as we make our way through the first trimester.  This is only the beginning and we have many more hurdles to get through.  We sure hope our Rainbow Baby will be here by August 2015!



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm So Happy For You Guys!!!!

Brianna said...

I'll be continuing to send positive thoughts your way as you await your next u/s.