Thursday, July 2, 2015

The Final Month

"Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy!" is right! I honestly cannot believe we are in the final month of this pregnancy.  I feel like I have accomplished the world right now and have proven so much to myself.  Let me correct that-God has proven so much to me about myself. 

There were so many times throughout our journey that I doubted that I would ever be at this place in my life.  I doubted my ability to carry a baby this far into a pregnancy.  I doubted my ability to keep a baby safe inside my womb.  I doubted that thousands of dollars being poured into fertility treatments would bring us our rainbow baby.  Yet, despite all the doubt, I still hoped my body would be strong enough and healthy enough to bring a new life into the world and I still had faith that God would grant us our miracle. 

I stood in front of the mirror today and was proud of my 34 week pregnant belly.  I was proud of the perseverance it took to accomplish this milestone.  I was proud of the strength my marriage has gained because of the struggles we have endured together.  I was proud of my sister for giving us this chance of becoming parents and helping me prove to myself that I AM capable of growing a baby and keeping a baby safe well into the final month of pregnancy.


 
 
Our baby boy continues to do amazing this week.  We passed the non-stress test and the ultrasound with flying colors again.  This week he decided to cooperate better during the ultrasound and we caught him breathing immediately after she placed the probe on my belly.  Since all is going well at this time, the high risk OB said she would not be recommending an induction prior to 39 weeks, even though my genetic doctor who manages my Homocystinuria was recommending a c-section at 36 weeks for my own safety.  She said she found no supporting research for his recommendation.  I tried to convince her to approve an induction at 38 weeks for my own peace of mind that Baby M is out safely but that was a no go:( I was also hoping we could have our little guy either on our wedding anniversary (July 28th) or my dad's 60th birthday (July 31st).  But sounds like that won't be happening unless he decides to come out on his own.  I think I will start the pep talks now in hopes that just maybe he will make his grand entrance the last week in July! Otherwise....looks like the first week in August will be the earliest the doctors will force him to come out-that is unless he starts showing signs of distress during my weekly appointments. 
 
 
We continue to make SLOW progress on our house project.  I finally got fed up with not hearing back from our contractor and my husband not doing anything about it so I took matters into my own hands and contacted the guy.  He admitted that he "dropped the ball" and "didn't realize how much still needed to be done."  Sometimes things only get done when the woman gets perturbed apparently.  I'm looking forward to the carpet being installed next week so we can get things moved into Baby M's bedroom and out of our dining room where it is all currently piled up.  Hopefully my husband gets all the painting finished up in the next couple of days-he's been dreading the stripped wall I'm forcing him to paint in the nursery but it will be so cute when it's done! I've been problem solving our space issue in our current down stairs "master" bedroom where we will have to remain for the next couple of months with the baby until our stairway gets redone and is safe to carry a baby up and down.  I think I figured out solutions and I'm starting to feel a tad better about bringing a baby into our home.  My niece was a big help this past Sunday in getting all of Baby M's newborn and 0-3 month clothes washed and put away and also helped me pick out sleepers and his going-home outfit for the hospital bag.  We are getting there...slowly...but we are getting there!
 
I hope everyone has a fantastic 4th of July here in the states this weekend. We can't wait for our annual fireworks display:) By the way-tomorrow marks 4 years since my husband proposed to me! It's been one heck of a journey before AND after that proposal but we can finally celebrate being in "the final month" of a very very long journey to parenthood! We have finally broken free of the curse we have felt under for the last 7 years.
 
 
 







1 comment:

Unknown said...

I continue to follow your journey and I am SO excited for all of you. Can't wait to see pictures of your new little man.